Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Cover Picture Gift

The problem, I confess, was that I have run out of ideas on what to give my gal -- that of a simple but thoughtful mid-anniversary gift as a result of of me working on an unrelenting series of grueling deliverables in the office coupled with countless weeks of irregular sleep. So the perceived onus for such an event was that I needed to buy or produce something that I could squeeze from my scant free time.

So I just give her a kiss? (Nah, too cheap-ass.) Give her a bouquet of flowers or a box of chocolates? (Nope, too cliché.) Pretend I forgot our mid-anniversary and still expect some cuddletime with her? (Uhm...





Then I got the inspired idea to give her a cover picture for her Facebook Timeline page so she can spruce up visually her profile page. Fortunately I was willing to try something urban or grungy as it matched my mood during that time, I had a couple of hours of free time, and couple of items regarding her that I wanted to communicate visually. And I hope it showed in the final look:


Now my girl's a gangsta, heh.


For this design, I used a picture I had of her wearing one of my sunglasses and posing as one from the 'hood and made it look that I tore from that said picture. Next, I superimposed her on my own take of a pastiche of album covers reminiscent of grunge bands prevalent in the early 90's. Icons were then added that represented the things she enjoy most (e.g. movies are represented by a film reel icon). Lastly, I finalized the design by sprucing up the work with some simple ink-splattered graffiti to complete the look.

2 comments:

  1. Wait... I thought *I* was your gal! Mwehehe.

    Dude, I've always been a gangsta, doesn't it show? :P Thanks very much for the awesome gift. :*!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you loved it as much as I enjoyed creating it :)

    ReplyDelete