Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Facebook Noob's Take On The Timeline Cover Picture Feature

I must confess that I just joined the Facebook bandwagon just over a year ago, but this social application's series of rich features continue to grow on me.
Timeline is one such feature in Facebook that it gives users a powerful way to tell their story (to their friends and acquaintances) in a chronological fashion, sort of their life told in the context of a visual novel in one's profile page.

As such, my designer brain couldn't just resist fidgeting with the social application's new kid on the feature block, specifically the social application's cover picture sub-feature. I had to design something that gives a more aesthetic appeal to my profile page and give it a more distinguished look over others' Timeline pages.

A couple of hours later, this was the result:


Facebook's new Timeline feature gives its users a way to customize further their profile pages by giving them a chance to upload a cover picture on top of their profile picture.


The concept formed while designing this is that I wanted to combine a bunch of snapshots of the important people in my life as well as images of the current stuff that I'm currently crazy for. Then in the process of completing the final design I tried to form them into a cobbled collage that best describes and defines my life, one that viewers of my Facebook profile can view like a static slideshow and discern immediately that this is what is the me is all about -- having a hectic lifestyle (which is primarily due to the grueling day job) but still finding the time to sit back, relax and enjoy life's offerings afforded to me.

In the next couple of weeks I'll give a quick tutorial on how one can create and upload their own Timeline cover picture and therefore give a unique customization to their own profile pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment